Voter ID card also called Electoral Photo id Card or EPIC which is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the major Indian citizens who are of 18 years and above in age. This card serves as an identity proof when people casts their vote in municipal, state, and national elections.
The Aadhar card is a unique ID issued to an individual that is valid throughout your lifetime. Aadhar is valid for all the major, minor or senior citizens of India. As Aadhar card requires biometric informations such as fingerprint and iris scans, can have only one Aadhar number issued with them.You can link Aadhar card to voter id card easily through online, offline, phone or also by using SMS.
HOW TO LINK YOUR VOTER CARD WITH AADHAR
The process of Aadhar-voter ID card linking is also referred as EPIC (Electoral Photo Identification Card)-Aadhar Linking. Nowadays, it is so easy to make E-cards issued by government of India and you may receive voter slip through Mobile in next few years.This process to link voter id with Aadhar will help you to link Mobile No. and E-mail of a voter with Voter id. This process will take only 5 min and your work is done.
You just need to log in to the official website of National Voters’ Service Portal if you choose to link your Aadhar card to voter id card through the website or click on the link:- https://www.nvsp.in/ or follow the steps given below:
- Step 1- Visit an official site of NVSP
- Step 2- Enter your state, district and other personal details including name, date of birth and father’s name.
- Step 3- Once you fill the details, click 'Search' button. Your details will display on screen automatically if the information you have provided will match with the government database information.
- Step 4- On the left side of the screen, a 'Feed Aadhar No' option will be shown.
- Step 4- Click on it. Then a pop-up window will appear. Then you will have to feed in your name as per your Aadhar card, your EPIC number and your registered mobile number or registered email address.
- Step 5- After entering the information, click on 'submit'.
If your details will be matched with your registered information in the Election Commission's database then you can check details related to Voter ID cards. A notification will shown on the screen showing your application to link Aadhar and EPIC. On a successful completion you will be receiving a message about stating your application to link Voter id to Aadhar has been submitted successfully and after the details will be verified, your Aadhar and voter id will be linked.
How to link your Voter card with Aadhar card via SMS
Your Aadhar card can be linked to your EPIC card by sending an SMS also details of which are given below:
Send your SMS format to 166 OR 51969:
ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC No.>< SPACE><Aadhar No.>
NOTE: Remember, to send the SMS from the registered mobile number
Linking of Aadhar with Voter id can also be done by calling the call centres set up for this purpose or simply call 1950 on working days between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and provide your Voter id and Aadhar card information for purpose of linking.
How to link your voter id with Aadhar card offline
Aadhar can also be linked with Voter id by submitting an application to the respective Booth Level Officer (BLO). The information provided will be verified by the BLO and after verification, it will be added in the records.
Once you submit the application, you can check the status online through the NVSP portal.
- You have to visit the website NVSP portal
- And then click on the section ‘Seeding Through NVSP portal’.
- Once you submit your details through any of the methods, the application will be processed by the authorities
- And to check the status of your application, you will have to visit the official website of NSVP and enter the information mentioned in 'Seeding Through NVSP Portal' section.
For offline query about linking Voter id with Aadhar card you have to visit the Permanent Enrolment Centre to check if your Aadhar card has been linked to your voter id or not.